Help! 304/t19/D300 swap

I need help on this one.
I just tried to put the D300 up to the T19. I had to remove the crossmemebr and lower the tranny (tilt motor tranny assy.) in order to get clearance for the tcase.  No problem, I got it bolted up, put the lever on while it was lowered (no 4" holes for me, Dan).  Then I tried to jack it back up to mount the crossmember. No way! The tcase was hitting the floor.  It looks like if I removed the tranny mount and went direct to the crossmember I could clear it.  That doesn't seem right, though.  WTH is going on?  I also recieved my Poly motor and tranny mounts from AT Scouts today.  It looks the same (dimensionally) as the one I have, so there must be another reason why I'm not clearing.  The tranny went up fine last night without the tcase attached.....that tranny and tcase originallly were in that truck too (behind a deisel, even longer!), so I'm kinda at a loss here.
Can anybody think of what the issue is here?
Could the tunnels be a different shape for deisel to gas????  I could possibly use the Bill T method to get it to fit (BFH), I may only need an extra 1/2".  Could the deisel be shifted to the left a little in order for tcase to clear the tunnel?
Thanks
---
Layda,
Tark