I want room for 33 tyres, and I have an auto

Hello, IHers,

I would like to put 33 inch tyres on my '78 Scout II Traveler, and
understand that the only way to do that is to raise 3 or 4 inches??
Well, I would like to know the best way to do this.

I've tossed and turned lots of ideas.  Right now, I'm thinking of a 100%
body lift because the under-slung springs look like a lot of fooling
around to raise much less than 6"!

So, the question I have, is what kind of problems will I have making my
automatic transmission work with a 3" or 4" body lift?  I know that I
will also have to realign my steering, etc., from the well-written
articles in some digests last week.

If anyone has any suggestions, or possibly how I could gain 2 or 3" of
suspension lift, I would really, really, appreciate it.  Correspondence
appreciated,

Eric S.