RE: Dolly

>Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:22:36 -0800
>From: "SEC" <skinner@domain.elided>
>Subject: Got Dolly home, boy is she thirsty!
>
>Well, after no small effort I've got my 1970 1300D home.  She's a former
>fire truck [4X4, 392, 4sp, 1ton, dually, PS/PB], was a brush fire truck
>equipped w/ a 600 gal tank & pump.  Some questions for the pro's:

>She gets a rock solid 7.5 mpg so needless to say I've got to add additional
>fuel capacity.

>Steve	'79 SSII & '70 1300D

Congratulations Steve, sounds like a great truck.  I'd like to get an old
fire service truck some time.  If she still has the 600 gallon tank I think
all you have to do is reroute the fuel lines!  That should give you about a
4500 mile range which should come in very handy if you go on the Digest's
upcoming Alaska Adventure.  Have a good weekend,  Mike