4 wheel drive noises, More info...

Actually with the hubs locked but the truck in 2 HI, I do get the
chatter from the front right wheel, but I don't get it as loud and there
is no vibration coming up the shifter like when it is shifted into 4 hi.
"but thats probally because they are not touching or engaged." I don't
have any leaks or loose parts in the front end, brakes are good, I just
hope that I don't have to get a complete front end Ouch... I can't
afford that right now...

>So do you get any noise with the truck in 4WD with the manual hubs
>*unlocked*?  Knowing this would help narrow down where the problem is.
>Post the result for the Digest to digest.

>Take care,

>John L.

PS,  Dan and Joe C.  My scout no longer vents smoke and noxious fumes so
if you want to do another eastern scout caravan sometime I don't have to
be in the back to keep you guys from getting High... :)   I got a new
Carb for the beast and it cleaned it right up, now if I can just get the
timing and 4WD to work right I'll be golden for a while...

Ed Kraus
1974 Scout II, I-6 AMC 258, new interior, 1974 heater brrrr...., and
well the 4WD woes.