Re: (almost) Bought Another Scout!

>Wait'll I tell the landlady.. <VBG>

Me too! Me too!  Well, not *almost* -- I got another one tonight!  It's not
home yet, but here are the details: 1967 Scout 800, 2wd automatic, 152, US
Postal Service blue & white with a red stripe.  Here's the good news and
bad news:

Good news: New tires, half & full tops, new door seals and window felts.
Very little body damage and almost NO rust (no perforations and just a few
scratches).  Recent engine rebuild (less than 2k on it), new battery, extra
(2nd) gas tank and diverter valve kit.  New shocks and good brakes.
Original front seats and rear seat frame.  All original lighting (signals
and lenses) in great shape.  Overall very nice and quite original.

Bad news: $1200 (ouch).  The tranny that was "slipping" now won't engage in
reverse.  And the steering wheel nut is stripped.  [Can you say
'flatbed'???  Ugh.]

Still I am *elated* at finding my 2nd Scout.  I'm hoping I can fix the
tranny quickly (oh, and that steering wheel thing) and have a Scout to
drive while I wait for warm weather to fix up my other Scout.  Damn, this
is fun.  Anybody got a part number for a '67 tranny rebuild kit?  :-)

Alan

P.S.  This makes my 2nd Postal Scout.  Any body else got one?