Scout storage

Harvesters,

I'm going to have to store my Scout for about 3 months while I'm working
out of state.  What things should I do to protect it during it's
dormancy?

I've seen products that you pour into the gas tank, I guess to keep the
gas from freezing?  Any recommendations? It will be parked outside, in
cold (Utah) weather.

I have a friend who is willing to start it periodically, but I'm not
sure if I should ask him to drive it long enough to give the battery a
charge, as I'm afraid it might quit on him someplace, and then put him
in a bind.  Is it worth it to have someone just start it, or will a
series of starts and idles -- without long, high rev trips -- just drain
the battery?

Should I just disconnect the negative battery cable and leave it?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rob H.