Re: Traveler Hatch back Hatch

What's the length? I may have some extra. Not from a Scout, though - from a
slant shell on a Hummer.

Eric Sundman wrote:

> Hello, fellow Corn Binder Lovers,
>
> I've got a 1978 SII Traveler, and I've got a bit of a problem that I was
> hoping someone out there has possibly had similiar experience with.
>
> The hydraulically lifted, one-piece hatch-back was a great idea when
> they rolled off the assembly line, but 21 years later, they don't work
> so good.  I've priced out new hydraulic shock lifters, and they are
> expensive as heck.  So, I've got a wooden pole which I use to support my
> hatch.  It works, sure, but it's far from the best in the west.
>
> If anyone has any alternative suggestions which won't cost a lot of
> money, I would appreciate it.  Or, if anyone knows where i could find
> replacement shocks for it, that would be appreciated also.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric.

If a man is alone in the woods and no woman is around.... is he still
wrong?

Kevin Curry <>< - Kevin@domain.elided
Lisa Curry <>< - Gonna be a trailblazer yet!
'94 Red Hummer 4DHT Slant-back - "HummuH"
'75 Black International Scout - "Stealth"
'84 White "Lightening" CJ-7
'89 Soon to be whatever color Lisa wants Suburban - "Sluggo"
ICQ# 7653541
http://www.redhummer.net