Subject: Speedo
Author:  weidenhe@domain.elided at mime
Date:    1/6/99 7:41 PM

Joel:
  Here is a thought, something I plan to try myself.
My truck was 2 wheel drive, so it has "Brake" and
"Brake Failure" lights in the speedo, though the
"Brake" light was never connected because apparently
the switch attaching to the e-brake was an option. But
I got a speedo out of a stripped Scout, and opened it
up, removing the "Front Axle Engaged" plastic lens. My
plan is to install that lens in place of my "Brake"
lens, continuing to use my speedo, and connecting
up to the switch on the transfer case.
I don't see why you couldn't get yourself a 2 wheel drive
speedo from a 'yard, and put your "Front Axle Engaged"
lens into it.

Note that you can get new sockets to go into the connector
that plugs into the guages at Radio Shack, I think they
are the 0.093" round ones, in case anyone ever needs them.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup

RFC-822-headers: