RE: Brakes

I don't think that all vehicles with ABS are equal.  I know several folks
with
ABS trucks that don't like it at all,  and don't find that it helps in
stopping much at all.

My car has four wheel disk brakes with ABS, and it stops on a dime - in the
snow.
I've had it out on some practice sessions so that I'll be ready for those
bad traction
days.

I *think* that I'll remember how to drive each vehicle in a slide/fast stop
scenario.

This same car has a battery with a built-in reserve that can be used to
recharge the
main cell if you leave your lights on.  When I heard about that, I figured
it probably
wouldn't work when I really needed it.  Well, tonight I needed it.  And it
didn't work:
not enough juice.  Well, I wonder about the dangers of potential ABS brake
failures
you know, you hold the brake pedal down,  and it doesn't pulse.  I suppose I
could
just rely on my trusty old braking habits.  But not if I was following Mr.
Mandera
too close!

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II