Re: Scout towing

Kevin Curry wrote:

> I have a big event in February to attend and I am hoping to put the
> Scout on a tow-dolly to take it. My question is, what's the proper
> procedure for doing the tow dolly thing? Will I have to put the t-case
> in neutral and remove the rear drive shaft?

Kevin,

If I were using a tow-dolly, I'd yank the rear driveshaft.. probably
best to leave the 'case in 2wd and the transmission in park/gear.

I think that's the ONLY way to correctly tow on a *dolly*.

flat towing, OTOH, you drop the rear 'shaft.. *or* lock the front hubs
and put the 'case in Neutral.

Besides.. any more, the rear driveshaft is easy to remove.. I'm getting
to be an old hand at it. :)

-Tom