I think I found my 5 speed....

Hello everyone!

I just saw a ad in the local buyers guide for a 1971 Loadstar that was being
parted out....Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to call.    Well
the truck runs with a 345 V8 and a 5 speed.    The 345 Runs strong,
according to the owner of the truck He does not know if it is a 5 speed OD
or 5 speed direct.....I will find out on Saturday, when I get time go on up
and take a look-see.

Even if it not the 5 speed OD I am looking for, I may still put the trans in
my truck anyhow and drive with it until I can find the T-34 and then the
swap will be easy.

Does anybody know if the transmission crossmember out of the Loadstar will
work in my '74 200 4X4?

I will keep you folks posted on what comes up...

Chris "Lube" Lublin
Motor City Repair and Salvage
Specializing in 1961-1971 Dodge Trucks and 1969-1975 IH light trucks.
lublin@domain.elided