RE: Tow hooks

From: Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided>
Subject: Tow Hooks

>At present, I plan on borrowing elements from the design Bill Thebert
>used and published in the Bulletin.. though I plan on adding additional

>rearward supports above and/or below the frame rails that'll run along
>the frame rail and be secured via another large bolt through an
existing
>hole in the frame.. which would leave me with at least 4 Grade 8 1/2"
<bolts holding the bumper (and attached hooks) to the frame.. both above

>and below the frame rails, further distributing the load.
This sounds a little like my set up...
Bumper is bolted to frame with 4 grade 8, 1/2 inch bolts, straps run
from bumper to bottom of frame rail.Tow hooks are mounted to bumper with
4 (two each hook) grade five bolts.

>At least, that's my current though... the bumper'll also provide an air

>tank for use with my on-board air.. which'll make the impact wrench
>actually useable on the trail..
Scale My bumper down (toward the front of the rig) if all you want to
add is hooks or go with the same size so you can mount an old 40 gallon
water heater tank for air storage:-)

>- -Tom
Willy