RE: Most dangerous braking situation

>From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Most dangerous braking situation...

>Tom and others
>That's so easy to say, but I wonder what I would really do if I was in
a bad
>skidding spin. I've never been in one bad enough that turning the way
>instinct made move the wheel, hasn't brought me out of it. I think I'd
have
>to go to driving school on a frozen lake for a week to ever have
turning in
>the direction of the spin work for me, instinctively.
>John H
.
John,
I grew up in area that had 9 months of winter and three months of poor
sledding so correcting a spin and pumping the brakes come as second
nature, now when I get to drive the front wheel drive car (not very damn
often) with ABS I do all the wrong things. That's my most dangerous
situation.
Willy