Vac. Leak

While I haven't determined the cause of my alternator brown-out yet, I
did raise the float a little bit and took out *some* of my stumble.. and
also determined where my largest vacuum leak is coming from.

I had to look at my spare brake booster and m/c to make sure I was
right.. smack me if I'm wrong, but the m/c to brake booster seal needs to
be air-tight... or you get a vacuum leak, right?

Spraying carb cleaner around this junction causes the engine idle speed
to increase a good bit..

Is there a stock gasket that's supposed to go here?  Is there a common
"fix" for this leak?  Plan A would be to slather clear RTV around the
joint and let it set-up.. or would I be better off seperating the m/c and
p/booster and smearing the RTV between the mating faces and then torque
things down..

I think if I fix the vacuum leak I might actually get a decent signal to
the carb that may make up the rest of the hesitation...

I also checked the vacuum advance unit.. suckin' on the vac line caused
the motor to speed up, and the timing mark to move.

Wow.. progress!  Go figure...

-Tom