RE: Dualmatic Hubs

Howard and others,  Yes, we had a '56 F**d 4x4 when I was a kid.  It was a
Napco 4x4 conversion and had those hubs. Pull the levers out, turn them half
way around and put them back. The levers either moved some pins or moved a
sleeve over some pins, at any rate they were very difficult to engage.  We
always had to crawl under the truck and turn the driveshaft to line up the
pins.  It didn't take very many times to learn to have the hubs in before
you got stuck and had to crawl under the truck.

Kurt

Anyone out there ever have any experience with the Dualmatic--I think
that was the brand) hubs with the two levers you turned to lock the hubs.
 I saw a set on an old Dodge this week and got to wondering how they
worked inside.  Does anyone know?