Re: More Ign switch woes

>The truck is a '74
>Wagonmaster with the key in the column.  The only part they could find
>had to be special ordered and is the switch that goes in the dash.  When
>I brought this up the guy went back in the computer and couldn't find
>ANY listing for an ignition switch for a '74, so he looked under '73 and
>found this part-which I still thought had the key on the colimn.

Michael,
  I think that all pickups, travelalls, and wagonmasters PRIOR to 1974 had
the ignition switch in the dash, next to the cigarette lighter and fuel
tank switch (if equipped with two tanks).  I think your switch is the
same as what a Scout II has, and I think it is a common GM
ignition switch.  Someone else might have a part number to post.
You could try asking for a switch for a Scout II, or maybe a Chevy Pickup
of the same vintage (~74) and compare yours to what they bring out.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup
With the switch in the dash (I guess I know where I can get one now, eh?)