More Ignition Switch Woes

HELP!!!

I am the one that had an ignition switch problem.  Would work fine for
about ten starts (while diagnosing a fuel problem; I wasn't just sitting
there seeing how many times it would work!), then would completely stop
triggering the starter.  Lights would still click on, but no start.
Then it even started continuing to turn the starter after I turned it
off.  I took the switch off and went to Pep Boys.  The truck is a '74
Wagonmaster with the key in the column.  The only part they could find
had to be special ordered and is the switch that goes in the dash.  When
I brought this up the guy went back in the computer and couldn't find
ANY listing for an ignition switch for a '74, so he looked under '73 and
found this part-which I still thought had the key on the colimn.
Anyway, there is no way to bluff it, as they have different numbers of
"prongs" (original one has 9, new one has 11).  I wouldn't mind
installing the new one if I could figure out how-would allow that
"thiefproofing" option of installing someplace weird so a thief couldn't
find it!  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Either a cross-over part to
have them look up, a part number for the proper IH switch, or directions
for using this "old-fashioned" one in its place?
My key and that section of the system seem to work fine, but it is the
electrical switch that is triggered by the connecting rods from the
switch that I am talking about.  The one mounted on top of the steering
column under the dash.
Thanks for any advice!!!

Michael