Re: Shocks for stock Scout

Brent Fidler wrote:
> vehicle?  Is installation easy for a neophyte such as me?  Any special tools
> needed?

I don't have any suggestions on shocks, but yeah, you can do it.  You'll
need.. lemme see.. 3/4" wrench and socket.. though you may also need
11/16s.  I believe a 5/8 is in your future too...

Rear shocks are bolted at the top and bottom with regular bolts... one
top, one bottom.  Unbolt 'em, remove old shocks, bolt new ones in.
Front shocks are the same on the bottom, but on the top it's a "stem"
type - basically a "stud" on the top of the shock.

> I am also in need of brake pads.  Can I get these from the local auto parts
> store (if so does anyone know a part #) or should I order them from a Scout
> specialty shop?

Autoparts store should carry 'em.

-Tom