Re: Another Engine Swap Question

Michael,
   First, 80's were only built until 65 and never came with an V8. What
you are looking at is a 800B.
   This the most desirable Scout 800 to obtain since it was the most
modern.
   The 345 'may' drop right in, but 345's have a higher head/intake
hight, but I don't think it will make a difference.
   The 800B wouldn't need axles changed at all. The 'Power-Lok' is an
excellent limited-slip traction device. I have one in my 71 and love it.
It is a geared limited slip as opposed to the Trac-lok that was in the
Scout II's, there are a clutch plate limited slip and thus wearout
easily.
   This 800B would be a worth while purchase for you if it is reasonable
price wise. The only technical thing would be the 304-345 swap in
Crazyfornia would be technical if you got caught. You should make sure
to lie to the emission guys. <g>

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The