Re: ihc-digest V6 #400

I've been into these crazy Scouts since I was a young kid, going hunting in
dad's travy. I now am old enough to drive, and the only thing that I've ever
wanted to drive was a Scout. I own a super clean 78 with a 392, ft/r detroits,
etc. I bought a 4inch Skyjacker lift, and after a year or so of hard wheelin',
and numerous times of having to flip the darn shackles down in the back I
decided that it was time to at least do a spring-over in the back. I'm
starting to get some pretty narly axle wrap, and the rear end is popping like
mad!. I pulled the diff cover in the back to only find out that I more or less
need a new carrier, r&p, etc. I used the stock spings that seemed to be ok.
However, I came to find out that the springs are shot and my rear end went out
because of the nasty axle wrap. Is this a common thing for spring-overs to be
prone to axle wrap????  This shurly is a costly blunder! If I get custom track
bars, how much clearence will I loose, and how much will this help out??