Re: Need Dual batts, another use for a Warn FF kit

Tom Harais wrote:
> Sounds like you need a remote starter and a block heater! :-)

;-)

I have an in-line coolant heater.. that gets used from time to time..

But a remote start would NOT do me any good 'round here.  1) manual
choke.  2) you MUST have the clutch in to start at -20 or so... just
letting the clutch out once the motor's running with the trans in
Neutral can sometimes bog the motor down enough to stall!  90wt's a
little stiff this time of year...

> up buying two or three of them at about $80 per. The same thing happened to

I bought a "NASCAR" series 800amp or so battery last winter.. I took it
out this summer right after I got back from NWBRU.. I thought the
battery had died.. turned out to be a bad battery cable.. but I'd
already swapped the Die Hard in... the plan has been to put the Exide in
on the passenger side fender as a backup..

> I gave up beleiving in "special" batteries some time ago.

*nod*  I think I'd go for an Optima though.. NOT just because it's a
"good battery".. but more because of the dry-cell technology that'll let
me mount the battery any way and any where I want.. specifically, under
the bed, where it could easily get dunked in mud n' water routinely..
most of the people around here run Die Hards or the blem'd Interstates
from another local battery place. :-)

-Tom