Re: Dowel Pins

 Speaking of dowel pins - just after I finished putting the 392 back into the Travelall, I
noticed that I didn't have the dowel pins between the bell housing and engine block (I
don't usually end up with extra parts after I put things back together - honest!). I
figured that they were there to make it easier to get the engine and transmission
together, so I didn't take things back apart and put the dowel pins in. So am I wrong?
Do the pins align things to a tighter tolerance than the bolts do without the pins?
Is my engine and/or tranny going to blow up?

Whatayathink?
---
Curt Cleavinger
x53723