Re: Will it start?

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, John Hofstetter wrote:

> That "click and nothing at all" sounds to like the solenoid. If it had
> been the battery, it wouldn't have started seconds later. In my opinion,
> the Mean Green would crank easier and thereby eliminate part of the need,

Actually, it did it again this morning and I paid closer attention.. it's
not just a dead click.. the starter spins with the familiar WHIRRR but
doesn't engage the flywheel.  Try it a few more times, and I get it to
crank.  Try it again, WHIRRR.. again, CRANK.

I'm just unsure if this is a wear issue or a general cold issue.. ;-)

-Tom (hoping he doesn't get stuck in the cold..)