Will it start?

>Also got me to thinking about my battery.. it's not weak, but that
>"click" and nothing at *all* concerns me.. it's a DieHard of unknown
>vintage but it's been working great since I swapped it in from one of my
>Luvs this summer.. I have another Exide 850CCA in the garage I've been
>meanging to add in as a secondary "one of these days"..
>
>Would this be a good case for putting two batteries in parallel to double
>the amperage to make that starter turn the motor over no matter how cold
>it is.  Or, is this a better argument for a Mean Green like we've been
>discussing?  :-)

That "click and nothing at all" sounds to like the solenoid. If it had
been the battery, it wouldn't have started seconds later. In my opinion,
the Mean Green would crank easier and thereby eliminate part of the need,
as you see it, for a second battery. I think you have plenty of cranking
amps, and a second battery would do more in allowing you to crank longer,
not better. Your starter can only use just so many amps at any given
moment, and it certainly isn't able to utilize more than 500 and probably
not near that.

Most of my 4 X 4's had dual battery setups, but the second battery was
there for amps longer, not more amps at any given time. As you know, I
have winches on everything I own, and now have no dual battery setups,
but probably could use one, if I have to use my winch.

Regards,
John Hofstetter