Re: Vacuum Problems-345

Daniel Nees wrote:

> Michael,
>    I've never seen a two port outlet on a brake booster line before.
> This sounds strange. How do your brakes feel? Is the pedal fairly hard?
> If you have a bad vacumn leak the engine will indeed run really screwy,
> but; if the leak is at your booster, your brakes should seem soft. I
> would go to the store and get a new booster vacumn valve, they are cheap
> a dollar or two and put that on. This one will only contain one port on
> it. With that on see how the engine runs.
>
> Dan Nees
> cookiedan@domain.elided
> The
> "Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto
> The
> "Bad" 1971 Scout II 304/T-18
> And the
> "Ugly" 1979 Scout II 345/auto
>
> http://members.tripod.com/~IHCaholic/scoutindex.html

Dan-

Thanks for the input.  Actually, it was getting cold (for here,
Mandera-don't lecture me on cold!  I've been there, done that, but when
you're dressed for the fifties and it gets down to the thirties, you go
inside-and when you're just plain lazy, you use that as an excuse to
call it a night!), so anyway, I went inside!  I am planning to look at
the other two trucks I have out here to see what their booster outlets
look like.  I figure it is probably csome weird CA smog thing, but I
don't rightly know.
As for the brakes on my beast, they are terrible!  They don't strike me
as "soft" as you have to totally step on them to get any results.  I
guess the brakes themselves may seem soft, but the pedal is like
nothing, then a steel wall.  After plugging this hole I haven't yet
driven, so I will let you know how they feel now when I get back from
driving it today-IF I get back from driving it today!
Anyway, thanks for the ideas-Maybe I'll go pick up a new booster outlet
valve.

Michael