Re: Vacuum Problems-345

Michael,
   If your brakes are as you describe then there is your problem. That
other port is leaking vacumn so that your boost doesn't work. This also
causes your engine to run very rich with a vacumn leak. This will also
cause such performance problems as you describe. I would strongly
recommend that you get a new booster valve ASAP. Also, look over all
your other vacumn hoses for cracks and or dry hard hoses and replace
them. If you were in any other state I would say to toss the hoses
altogether, but; you are still in Kalifornia.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto