Babying (?) the tranny

Sorry, Alan has a good point.  I'm only kidding about wanting to outrun
people!  It's like Tom H's classic Camaro... why would you bother to race
it?  It doesn't have anything to prove...

But I *AM* concerned with it working properly... if it didn't downshift when
it should have, then why??  It's always been my gut feel that it was
unwilling to downshift in about any situation.. but this was the only
situation in 2 yrs. where I could give factual info on  WOT + calculated
RPMs vs. what's published in the manuals.

And I think I've gotten the correct answers-- it needs an adjustment, but
it's not a sign of anything else.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA