Re: T-cases/TeraLow Kit

Rob C wrote:

>  I emailed teralow on their site about when/if there would be a
> gear set for scout 20 cases.  Here's the response I got from Mark
> Falkner there:
>
>  Rob, we have installed our prototype gear sets into the scout t.case
> with
>  good results. watch for the Low20 gear set to come out in Jan/Feb
>  Happy trails
>  Mark
>
> No indication of price or ratios, so we'll see.  But its got to be
> cheeper than buying someone's used D300 - those things are getting kinda
> pricey.  Just thought you might want to know if you didn't.
>
> Rob Cavaleri

If you watch the Binder Bulletin classified ads you should be able to pick
up a Dana 300 for $450 or less. I bought one for $350 with the bull gear.
Add another $50 for shipping. The Teraflex Dana 20 kit will cost about the
same as their kit for the Dana 300, i.e. $800. But the Dana 20 kit is only
3.15-1...might as well just go with a Dana 300 (2.6-1) and save $300+.
Another decent option is to run a Dana 20 with the granny low T19.  T19's go
for $100-300. Also be advised that there have been quite a few Dana 300's
with the 4-1 kit that have blown up. OTOH, I've been running the 4-1 kit
since August without trouble.

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs