Re: RE Tom's Axles

Twmart@domain.elided wrote:

> Tom I have been thinking axles out of a IHC 3/4 ton truck front and rear are
> set up for the spring over. Need to check the spring centers and fiqure out
> the streering.
> P.S sound like fun in the snow it was 77 here today.
>
> Tom Martin

Tom,
I considered this and even went so far as to buy a set of 3/4 ton IH axles.  In
the end I just went with a standard spring over, Dana 60 rear, Scout Dana 44
front.  Those full float axles are just too heavy and wide for a Scout, and the
brake parts are expensive.  I did use the 4.09 gears and steering knuckles from
the 3/4 ton axles.

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs