Re: Question for the masses...

jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

>      Kevin, others,
>
>         The problem with the Jeep is that you CANNOT sleep in it.

Amen to that but, of course, I didn't think about it either.

> The
>      others are all big enough to sleep in, and I'm sorry, with 4 friends
>      that have GC's and mom's cherokee, you can't fit comfy in there on a
>      trip.
>
>         The M37 Power wagons are around.  I can find them anywhere.  The
>      Hummers are available for a cheap as $30,000 in the approprite
>      condition.

You don't want a '92 or '93 with a 3-speed, though

> Sooner or later, I'll have all of these, just a question
>      of when.  The MOG is very slow,

And???

> the M37 almost as bad.  The Hummer is
>      a slight cost prohibitive for maintenance and the Scout so far seems
>      just right.

We're dying to take ours on the trails - prolly in Feb. at Ft. Hood

> Only thing better than a Scout is a Lifted Travelall!

I wouldn't know.

>         My '72 Suburban could out 4x my T'all anyday I'm still looking for
>      another.  I shocked and amazed the Hummers when I went.  You can see
>      the pictures on the HML digest page under the Winkleman Event, Feb,
>      '97.  That's me out wheeling the LR Disco's.  30" of water no problem.
>       I had water over the hood of my 4" lifted Sub, and dry inside.  What
>      a pleasure.  This all with open diffs, and 3.07 ratios, and a NP205 TC
>      with only 2.0:1 low range.  Rarely used low range tho'.  This weekend
>      The Sonora Desert Scouts are going to run Box Canyon (where the
>      Hummers and my Suburban went) and I'll see if the scout does better.

Sounds like fun!

--
If a man is alone in the woods and no woman is around.... is he still
wrong?

Kevin Curry <>< - Kevin@domain.elided
Lisa Curry <>< - Gonna be a trailblazer yet!
'94 Red Hummer 4DHT Slant-back - "HummuH"
'75 Black International Scout - "Stealth"
'84 White "Lightening" CJ-7
'89 Soon to be whatever color Lisa wants Suburban - "Sluggo"
ICQ# 7653541
http://www.redhummer.net