New Motor Mounts -Reply

Hey John,et al:

Funny you should ask...

I called around re this same issue for my '72 T-all 1010 345 auto tranny.

I called 1) A local boneyard that claims to be Binder-rich.  2) GUS(Giddum Up Scout)  3) Anything Scout for quotes.  Here's what I learned:

And here's what I learned from those sources - from my Symantec ACT database (sorry, I'm an info/contact-holic!).

1) 7/27/98 Local Boneyard: Quoted abt $35 for a set of mounts (motor & tranny).  Hours of op are Monday -Sat -- 0800-1700.

2) 12/10/98 Called and spoke w/Justin.  Said front mount is $35 and rear mounts are $30/ea. Includes metal brackets (but no other nuts, bolts, etc.). $95 + s&h. These are for NEW mounts.

3) 12/10/98 Called and spoke w/Carol.  Did not have rear mounts att.  Said they're planning on getting more but not in stock att.  She wasn't sure  what hardware should be incl. She'll call (house) when avail.  [pff note: as of 12/15/98, no call back recd yet!]

%%%%%%%%%

BTW - anyone catch the gap from 07/27 to 12/10?! Shows how fast I move on stuff.  Time and money... time and money.

I don't KNOW if the Scout and T-All use identical mounting systems or not. My T-all has one mount in front and two tranny mounts, kinda forming a triangle.

Hope maybe there's some nugget of useful info for you here John.  Goodness knows, you've helped me in the past.

Cheers,

--Pete
>>> John A. Landry <jlandry@domain.elided> 12/14/98 06:26pm >>>
Hey boys and girls,

A couple of easy questions for those of you in the know...

1. What options are available for replacement motor mounts for the Scout
II?  I assume someone (maybe several someones) are making urethane and
rubber aftermarket versions?  I'm looking for something that will hold up
well long term and resist sagging (lowering) of the engine.

2. Where's the best place to buy said motor mounts and how much should I
expect to pay?

Thanks,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |