Dual Battery install

     Vinnie Moscaritolo <vinnie@domain.elided> writes:

     >Subject: Dual battery box

     >Does anyone have any experience with setting up a dual battery system
     >in a Scout-II. Specifically I seem to remember something about
     cutting a battery box under the back seat ad relocating it there but I
     can't remember the >reference.

     >I have no problems with the electrical issues, but I am wondering
     >what worked for a physical placement of the batteries. Any ideas?

     Vinnie,

     My '79 Scout II had the emissions canister mounted on the passenger's
     side in front of the window washer. I moved it to the driver's side,
     opposite corner between the brake vaccuum booster and inner fender.

     I then slid the window washer toward the heater box. This left enough
     room to mount a second battery and a manual battery switch to the
     passenger side inner fender well, and still clear the air cond.
     compressor (which I converted to on-board compressed air).

     The original battery remained in it's original position on the
     driver's side.

     steve_cavender@domain.elided