Re: Dual battery box

On 12/14/98, Men from Black Helicopters forced "Tom Mandera" to write :

> Vinnie Moscaritolo wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any experience with setting up a dual battery system in a
>> Scout-II. Specifically I seem to remember something about cutting a battery
>> box under the back seat ad relocating it there but I can't remember the
>> reference.
>
> Do you have AC?  or on-board air?

nope, yanked it out.. it was DOA on purchase.

> Do you have an Evap Recovery "charcoal" cannister?

I plan to remove it later

> Do you have an Evap Recovery "charcoal" cannister ? you don't have the
> Evap (or you find a place to relocate it), .....

unfortunately this is where I am placing my new fuse panel and relay box.
(did I mention I was putting in my own harness and rewire?)

> other ideas include using sealed Optimas under the bed.. right where the
> mid-point body mounts are, where the "step" is from the front floor to
> the cargo deck.  You could mount at least 2 Optimas under there...

This is what I was thinking, is there a downside to this. say possibly a
structural issue with the tub or would I be fine there?

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Those who hammer their swords into plows,
will plow for those who don't."