Re: Dual battery box

Vinnie Moscaritolo wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with setting up a dual battery system in a
> Scout-II. Specifically I seem to remember something about cutting a battery
> box under the back seat ad relocating it there but I can't remember the
> reference.

Do you have AC?  or on-board air?

Do you have an Evap Recovery "charcoal" cannister?

If you don't have the Evap (or you find a place to relocate it), you can
move the windshield washer bottle to just behind the headlights.. which
leaves enough room on the passenger side inner fender for a Group 24 FS
battery.  You'll need to move the washer forward since the pulley on the
York compressor sticks out just far enough to cause problems with a FS
battery.. but put the wash forward, and you have room along the side of
the York for the batt.

You could also just cut the inner fender and let the battery poke a
little into the wheel well.

other ideas include using sealed Optimas under the bed.. right where the
mid-point body mounts are, where the "step" is from the front floor to
the cargo deck.  You could mount at least 2 Optimas under there...

Not sure about "under the seat" per-se.  Not much room there.  I once
looked into "lifting" my rear seat just one inch to make room to mount
my CD Changer under it.. and realized that I would no longer be able to
sit on the back seat (not that I do.. it *is* my truck, but I have
friends as tall as me)..

-Tom