Re: Jeep Tech Question Wagoneer Axles

viix@domain.elided wrote:

> i have a 79 scout ii and a 80 jeep cherokee chief with dana 44 in the
> front of both trucks. the rear of the jeep is a amc 20.
> the width of the axles are very close to being the same. the jeep front
> axle is about 1 1/2 wider than the scout's. the jeep has 6 bolt wheels
> and my scout has 5.
> hope this helps.

Certainly does, Mike.  Have you ever eyeballed the spring perches
between the two?

I bet the Cherokee uses a different sized banjo bolt on the brake lines,
too.. one more thing to adapt (though my racer needs new brakelines
anyhow.. they've been cannibalized)

Attention those looking for "wider" axles for their 'Binder.. if the
Jeep is 1.5" wider give or take, that's a little better without being
too much.

Sounds like a great swap candidate for my racer then... cool.

Anyone know of a J10 used the same width (say, 77 vintage) or if the
pickups were a little wider?

Gotta scoot over to the JeepTech pages n' see what they say..

Jeep axles in a Scout.. who'd a thunk it. :-)

-Tom