Speaking of 727 Torque Converters

Reapers,

Today I pulled a torque converter off a 1976 V345A which was mated to a TF727.
This particular 727 was "blown" to quote Owen Minor who sold me the truck it
came out of.  After draining the black sludge from the TC, I unbolted it from
the flex plate and noticed a some sort of serious problem with it... this
thing rattles like it's got a bunch of broken fins inside.  I've never heard
this from a TC before.  So it's toast.  I don't know if the TC failed causing
the transmission to quit... or something failed in the transmission which
ruined the TC.  Someday I'll tear the transmission apart to find out.

Anyone need a blown TC for a door stop?

Regards,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | For such a promiscuous conglomeration
Conservative Libertarian         | of numbskulls as generally constitutes
Life Member of the NRA           | an army a six pound pull is well
WA Arms Collectors               | enough.  With an easy pull soldiers
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | would decimate their own ranks more
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | than those of the enemy. T. S. Van Dyke