Smog Stuff

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:48:36 EST
From: XRMEX@domain.elided
Subject: Smog Stuff

Hey guys,
I'm taking my 76 traveler in for its smog check tomorrow, is there any
preparations I should make before taking it in? It's the Calif. smog check
thing, I hate it! any suggestions on helping it pass? (adjustments so forth)
it has a 304 stick.  Last time i took it in the guy couldn't make it go at the
right rpm to speed or something like that, i think he just didn't know how to
drive it.TIA

Carlos

         Carlos, if you are not absolutely sure you can pass on the
         first trip through, pay extra for a precheck that keeps
         the initial results off the DMV computer.
         Good luck, I have never had any problems getting smogs
         even with this new dyno thing (with a properly tuned and
         equipped vehicle, of course).
         later,
         Tony