Re:Air Compressors

I bought one of the diaphragm air compressors, I think it was a 20 gallon 4
HP. Most of the ones I looked at- Devilbiss, Coleman, Sears- seem pretty
much identical. I think the $100 difference comes from being a single unit
rather than having a separate belt-driven motor. The pressure specs, duty
cycle, and warranty seemed to be pretty similar. The one big difference I
have noticed is that the oil-free diaphragm models are LOUD sons of guns.
It's OK out in my barn, but would suck in a close neighborhood. I also won't
use it with the kids around so as not to hurt their tender eardrums. I used
the compressor to tear out the floor in the driver's side and back to
replace the supports, and it did a great job.

John Staub