Re: 345 block

When the truth serum kicked in, Doug Rasmussen <DougRasmussen@domain.elided>
blurted out...

>  How 'bout measuring the cylinders & pistons to see if you come up with
>size differences between the differently marked pistons/cylinders?

Sorry Doug, but no way!

I just got through cleaning and mic'ing all of the cylinders on this wrecking
yard 392, and I've decided to go ahead and bore .030" over.  This means new
pistons.  So there's no way I'm going to clean 8 pistons of 27 years of
accumulated oil cokeing and rust just to figure this puzzle out.  I don't need
to reuse the pistons so there's no reason to clean them.

I'll have to leave this search up to others with more time on their hands.

Take care,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |
Conservative Libertarian         |   1976 Red / White / Blue (and rust)
Life Member of the NRA           |  "Bicentennial" IHC Scout II Traveler
WA Arms Collectors               |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |          International Scout
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | Jeep owners... you wouldn't understand!