RE: 345 block

John L wrote:
>I looking closer, I see that each of my pistons is stamped with the exact size
letter "A" as the block by each cylinder.  A I mentioned in an earlier post,
all my cylinders are marked with the "A".

I suspect you may find your pistons marked the same as your cylinder marks.
If so, the letters probably indicate some sort of piston to cylinder fit
tolerance.<

John,

  How 'bout measuring the cylinders & pistons to see if you come up with
size differences between the differently marked pistons/cylinders?

  The new car engine makers use "selective assembly" like this in engine
assembly.  Except they barcode all the parts.  Then the "selection" can be
done automatically.  The selective assembly probably accounts for the
reason new car engines last so long.

Doug