Coating o-rings with brake fluid?

	I'm about to install new water pipes on my 345 (between the heads and
the water pump), and the book says, "Coat seals (rubber o-rings) with
hydraulic brake fluid and install ...".  Has anyone coated new o-rings
with brake fluid before installation?  I'm tempted to coat the o-rings
with aviation form-a-gasket or copper sealer before the install.  With
brand new pipes and o-rings, the fit is fairly tight, but coating with
brake fluid?  I don't understand the reason for doing this.  Will the
brake fluid cause the o-rings to expand, improving the seal?  Sharing any
ideas or experience with this would be appreciated.

Thanks for your inputs,
Mike Ryan
1977 Scout II, 304 (soon ported 345), automatic, Dana 300, 3.54 gears,
4" superlift springs, 1.25" body lift, 33 X 12.5 Swamper TSL Radials

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]