Re: 345 block

When the truth serum kicked in, garry@domain.elided (Garry R. Mauldin II) blurted
out...

>if you have the heads off, looking at the top end of the cylinders,
>the markings are right below the cylinder holes
>the markings go in order from front to back
>A   C   A   C
>
>A   B   A   B

OK Garry,

I think I have another clue as to what these mean...

Do you still have the original pistons for this block?

I looking closer, I see that each of my pistons is stamped with the exact size
letter "A" as the block by each cylinder.  A I mentioned in an earlier post,
all my cylinders are marked with the "A".

I suspect you may find your pistons marked the same as your cylinder marks.
If so, the letters probably indicate some sort of piston to cylinder fit
tolerance.

Just a guess!

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |
Conservative Libertarian         |   1976 Red / White / Blue (and rust)
Life Member of the NRA           |  "Bicentennial" IHC Scout II Traveler
WA Arms Collectors               |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |     Own and drive an International
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  |   It's a project to last a lifetime!