Re: 345 block

When the truth serum kicked in, garry@domain.elided (Garry R. Mauldin II) blurted
out...

>if you have the heads off, looking at the top end of the cylinders,
>the markings are right below the cylinder holes
>the markings go in order from front to back
>A   C   A   C
>
>A   B   A   B

Garry,

I just had to run down and check my 392 block mounted on my engine stand.

Just as you described, it's marked with an "A" on every cylinder!  I never
really noticed these markings before.

I can't find any reference to what they mean in the IH shop manual.  I can
only assume it must have something to do with bore tolerances or quality out
of the engine factory.

Now I'm intrigued (not hard to do)!

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | TEENAGERS: Tired of being harassed by
Conservative Libertarian         |            your stupid parents?
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               |                ACT NOW!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | Move out, get a job, and pay your own
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | bills while you still know everything!