Travelall Attractiveness, 12" Clutch

>She doesn't think there's anything on this planet much uglier
>than a Travelall,

John:
  Has my wife been talking to yours?  When it came time for a
family hauler, I tried to get her to go for a Travelall.  No Way.
I also tried for a Scout, but we really wanted 4 doors, as it
is too hard on the back to lean in and put a baby in a carseat
in the back.  So that's how I ended up with a Jeep Wagoneer. :(

12" Clutch issue:
Someone, maybe John H, suggested that if you are going to use
a clutch, get the 12" unit.  I have noticed that under hard
accelleration (sp?) my 11" will slip.  I checked it before installing
it (used, came with 5 speed) and it was well within the specs.  I
didn't want to pop for a new one until I knew the tranny was O.K.
Do others with manuals have this problem?  Am I correct I can
bolt a 12" right up to my flywheel, just have to buy the disc and
pressure plate and probably eat the core charge?  Anyone
bought one recently (price) ??

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup