Re:Cost to rebuild IH engines

Mike R wrote:
>If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand! :-)<

Mike,

  I understand perfectly.  I do all sorts of things in the interest of
learning and hopefully
sometimes even saving a few bucks.  I was expressing surprise that the
savings
 weren't much, if any.   And considering the lack of warranty for DIY'ers
the savings
 point is moot.

  I got an estimate from a very reputable custom engine shop.   Presumably,
the same
quality of shop as you guys would entrust your machine work to.

  You mentioned a couple of instances where a "pro" screwed up on your
parts.  Maybe,
 he wasn't really a "pro".

Doug