Engine Mechanics

>But now I read everyone writing about getting the right people to work
>on the engines.  I do not plan on any major engine work as of yet.  Am
>I correct to trust my Scout to someone that does not specialize in
>Scouts?

Laura,
As one who sometimes forgets, let me kindly tell you to change the
subject line to whatever it is you are talking about, from ihc@domain.elided
*****. Doing this helps those who pick and choose which postings they
read.

In my opinion, IHC engines are very heavy duty, but they are very basic,
and any good mechanic should be able to provide whatever mechanicing you
may need. Their very basicness is one of the qualities that appeal to
many of us. A mechanic of your choice may need some help in finding
parts, but probably not engine parts, and maybe could profit from you
having a service manual, but probably not even this, if he/she is worth
his/her salt. I'd suggest that you not worry about finding a "Scout
specailist".
Regards and welcome to the digest.
John H.

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
"Perhaps more to remember than ever really happened"
Life Member, National Rifle Ass.     California Rifle and Pistol Ass.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group and MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"