Re: Manuals & Fools

Willy:

I too leave the manual on the front seat. Plus, I usually provide the shop
with a short page of written "instructions" - that is a list of what I am
asking them to do, plus description of any symptoms if they are supposed to
be fixing an as-of-yet-unidentified problem. I leave a copy of this on top
of the manual, or marking the page where the work that is to be performed
is covered,  to be sure the mechanic that is actaully doing the work, vs
the service writer who set up the appointement, will see it.

Sad part is I've never found those tell tale signs that the manual was used
or that my written description was read, except when I actually stayed at
the shop and then they came and inquired as to how I knew such and such
about the emissions system and I went and got the manual and showed them.

Tom H.