Re: Cost to rebuild IH engines

John L wrote:
>For me it's the satisfaction of actually doing the work... it's a hobby.
Then, there's knowing it's done just the way I want it.<

John,

  I can understand that, but. . . . .

   The things that'd worry me as a first time IH rebuilder are those little
quirks that might be unique
to these engines.  I mean, with the time, effort and money invested, what
if you do something wrong
in assembly and damage the engine on first startup?  Can you really be sure
it's done the way you
 want when you have to send the block and heads out to have the machine
work done?

 I just liked the idea of having someone experienced with IH engines do the
rebuild, with all the
 machining done in their own shop.

  BTW,I never did have Ewing do the rebuild.  I found a recently done 304
for basically a core price.

Doug, who is getting lazy.