John S' Screwdriver-scalpel

John:
  If it makes you feel better, you can read my story.  Now, I don't
think I'm as old, and I'm not as good of story teller, but:

I was outside the garage on a cold morning, needed to sharpen
my gasket scraper to remove some crusty old gaskets.  Got a
cheap waterstone for this purpose.  Holding it in left hand, under
a light stream of ice cold water from the hose.  Moving gasket
scraper rapidly, it's cold, I'm in a hurry.  Pulled it back too far,
pushed forward, hey, that scraper cuts a wrist pretty good.
Only missed the major vein by about 1/2".  Could see the
tendon, but barely nicked it...lucky.  Drive myself to
nearest 'urgent care' center (about 30 miles).  I'm glad I
had an automatic!  Only 5 stitches though.  Had to assure
them I was not trying to commit suicide...I don't hold the
stone in my hand anymore :)

I have the best luck just grabing the can near the bottom and
whack it on the corner of the workbench, so the can is moving
down and away from the bench.  A 45 degree angle on the can
is about right.I don't even knock the nozzles
off anymore.  I used to cut the lid, but slipped once and...well
that's another story.

I hope your hand heals up quick and there isn't any permanent
damage.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup