Re: Front Brake Rebuild Questions...Please Respond

>Mark,
>  The ford calipers are identical in every way except the fitting for the
banjo hose end is 5/16 instead of 3/8 for IH (or is it 3/8 ford and 7/16
IH....?)
IH is 7/16, Ford is 3/8s.  Good luck trying to find the 3/8" banjo bolts...
none of the auto parts stores seem to carry 'em... FORD will sell them to
you for $5 or $6 each... or, just visit your Ford luvin' buddy, and scrounge
a couple off an old set of junk calipers...

>Anyway the idea to go to ford calpiers is for availability of parts.  I

Actually, my primary reason for investigating the Ford caliper route is for
availability of BRAKE LINES... in particular, longer ones.

Had a discussion with Eldon about 'em though... seems the Scout calipers
have a larger piston displacement than the Ford parts.  I think that results
in less fade and/or the Scout brakes being "better".. does it matter much?
*shrug*

I may yet do this...

Also, the Ford pads should work in the Scout calipers.

>  A torch is a "rusty rig" mechanic's best friend, I have freed up more

Say.. anyone ever get a "Carbon Arc" brazing attachment for a stick
welder?... there's a gas torch and a MIG sititng in South Dakota with my
name (at least, on a long-term loan spot) on 'em... but in the meantime,
there's only a 230amp stick welder in the garage...

-Tom